Conditions Treatable with EPAT
EPAT is particularly effective in addressing various soft tissue injuries, including but not limited to:
- Plantar Fasciitis: A common cause of heel pain, characterized by inflammation of the tissue connecting the heel bone to the toes.
- Achilles Tendinitis: Inflammation of the Achilles tendon, often resulting from overuse or improper footwear.
- Muscle Strains: Overstretching or tearing of muscle fibers, frequently occurring during physical activity.
- Posterior Tibial Tendinitis: Inflammation of the posterior tibial tendon, a condition that can contribute to flatfoot.
- Neuromas: Pinched nerves causing pain and discomfort, commonly found in the ball of the foot.
It’s important to note that while EPAT is highly effective for many soft tissue injuries, it may not be the ideal solution for every case. Individual factors must be considered when determining the most appropriate course of action for each patient. Our team is committed to discussing all available options with you to ensure the best possible outcome.
What to Expect from EPAT Sessions
EPAT is administered over multiple treatment sessions spread out across several weeks. The cumulative nature of the sessions means that positive results build with each successive treatment. Many patients report experiencing relief after just the first session.
During a session, a gel may be applied to your skin to enhance the effectiveness of the device. There’s no need for fasting, medication, or special preparation. While we may advise discontinuing certain anti-inflammatory medications a week before starting treatment, you won’t experience any disruption to your daily routine.
Sessions typically last between 10-15 minutes, and you can resume your regular activities immediately afterward. No special arrangements, like having someone drive you home, are necessary.
The Richardson Podiatry Center’s Difference
At Richardson Podiatry Center, we pride ourselves on offering more than just treatment; we provide a personalized experience focused on your unique needs. Our team of skilled podiatrists understands the intricacies of soft tissue injuries and the impact they can have on your daily life. With EPAT therapy, we strive to not only relieve your pain but to empower your body’s natural healing processes.
The Consultation Process
Your journey to pain-free living begins with a thorough consultation. Our podiatrists will assess your medical history, perform a comprehensive examination, and discuss your symptoms and lifestyle. Understanding your unique circumstances allows us to tailor our recommendations, ensuring that EPAT is the right choice for you.